- Accepting patients newborn and up
- Gender: M
- Accepts Medicaid: Yes
- Accepts Medicare: Yes
- Accepts Walkins: Yes
- Free Consultations: No
PHILOSOPHY OF CAREDr. Corcoran grew up on Chicago’s south side and brought his passion for orthopedics and sports medicine to OAK Orthopedics in 1997 after completing his sports medicine fellowship at the world-renowned American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama. Prior to his fellowship, Dr. Corcoran graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, completed his general surgery internship at Michigan State University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Missouri School of Medicine.
Dr. Corcoran developed the OAK Sports Medicine Division, which brings physicians and athletic training services to numerous high schools and colleges in the south suburbs. He is a consulting orthopedic surgeon for the Chicago Bears and coordinates their medical services for the annual training camp held in Bourbonnais each summer. He also participates in pre-participation physicals for the NFL combine in Indianapolis. Dr. Corcoran is the founder and medical director of the Athletic Training Program at Olivet Nazarene University and OAK Athletic Development. He has served as a team physician at the USA Olympic Training Center and for the US Soccer Team. He is a noted lecturer and presenter in the orthopedic and athletic training communities and is tireless in bringing world-class care to athletes of all ages. In his free time, Dr. Corcoran enjoys golf, flying, and snow and water sports.
Dr. Corcoran has been named as one of the “65 Outstanding Shoulder Surgeons and Specialists” in the August 2011, edition of Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management, a national publication for healthcare. Healthgrades ranks Dr. Corcoran as a “Five Star Doctor,” its highest ranking.
Dr. Corcoran is available to see patients at OAK Orthopedics, 400 S. Kennedy Dr., Bradley, IL as well as 19552 S. Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL.
- Medical Education: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Internship: Butterworth Hospital
- Residency: University of Missouri, Columbia School of Medicine
- Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institution
SOCIETIES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Board Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Kankakee County Medical Society
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joint Replacement
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Ankle & Foot